SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- The victim of a stabbing in Walton on Sunday is sharing her story of how she fought for her life and is thanking the people who she said helped saved her life.
Adrienne Wurts, 42, of Florence is recovering at PeaceHealth Riverbend after she said her ex-boyfriend, David Lucius, stabbed her over a dozen times. Wurts said she lost a lot of blood in the attack and some of the stab wounds punctured her lungs.
"All that kept going through my mind is I didn't want to die, I don't want to die," Wurts said. "But if I do, please, I want to go to heaven. I thought I was, I really did."
Wurts said she went to the Walton Store on Sunday night to meet Lucius so she could get the title of her car from him. She said when he went to give her a hug, he started stabbing her. Wurts said she fought back, and her hands have stitches on them she said she got when she held the blade of the knife.
Just when she thought her life was about to end, she said a complete stranger tackled Lucius, who drove off. She said other bystanders put pressure on her stab wounds until first responders arrived.
"I know I'll never see them again, but I'm ever so grateful because if weren't for them I wouldn't be here, they came just in time," Wurts said.
Lucius was later arrested near the California border and is now facing attempted murder charges. Wurts said she hopes he spends the rest of his life behind bars.
"He needs to go to prison and stay there until he dies. Unfortunately, that's how I feel," Wurts said.
Wurts said she hopes to be released from the hospital on Friday. She said she may have trouble breathing and moving her fingers for the rest of her life and the mental injuries will never heal.
The family of the victim has set up a donation account to help get her back on her feet when she is released from the hospital. To donate, click here.
- Walton stabbing victim shares story of survival
- Man accused of stabbing woman in Walton
- Robbery victim shares her traumatic story
- Walton man credited with saving woman's life during stabbing
- Fire burns through Walton home
- Crash near Walton closes Highway 126
- Crews set to begin roadwork near Walton on OR 126
- Fire officials: stabbing victim taken to hospital
- UPDATE: Murder victim identified in Roseburg stabbing
- Man shot near Eugene Albertson's shares his story