DILLARD, Ore. -- A man wanted on warrants out of Lane and Douglas counties was arrested in Dillard on Wednesday after a short standoff with deputies.
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office said the Lane County Sheriff’s Office told them Franklin Lefever, 51, might be found in a gravel lot south of the Dillard Store at about 8:30 a.m.
Lefever, who was considered armed and dangerous, was a suspect in a recent burglary at Mohawk Metal Company on Leghorn Avenue in west Eugene.
Just before 9 a.m., deputies found Lefever’s white Toyota pickup and his motor home in the 9400 block of Old Highway 99 South.
Authorities said they detained one female subject at the scene, and Lefever was in the motor home and refused to come out. They said he surrendered after about 20 minutes.
Lefever was taken to the Douglas County Jail on warrants out of Douglas County charging him with failure to report as a sex offender and second-degree criminal trespass. He also was arrested on additional warrants out of Lane County.
Oregon State Police and the Roseburg and Winston police departments assisted deputies.
- Burglary suspect surrenders to deputies in Douglas County
- Coos County deputies search for burglary suspects
- Man suspected in string of burglaries arrested in Douglas County
- Douglas County Sheriff's Deputies to carry naloxone
- Deputies seek suspect in Eugene burglary
- Man accused of several thefts and burglaries in Douglas County
- Douglas Co. deputies alert residents of scam
- Douglas County Deputies need help identifying human remains
- Douglas County deputies led on chase up and down I-5
- Douglas County deputies arrest Glide man accused of sex crimes