SUTHERLIN, Ore. – Two wanted men are in custody after deputies say one hid and the other ran from them.
Authorities responded to a home in the 100 block of South Avenue looking for the two men: Billy Wells, 25, and Johnny Wells, 23, both of Sutherlin.
When deputies arrived, Johnny ran from the home, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office said. A perimeter was set up.
Billy was found hiding inside the house and was taken into custody by Sutherlin police, they said.
Police dog Axel tracked down Johnny, who deputies said did not follow commands, and the dog apprehended the suspect. He was taken into custody in the 12000 block of Driver Valley Road.
Both men were taken to the Douglas County Jail, Johnny on charges of third-degree escape and criminal trespass as well as on an arrest warrant and Billy on two arrest warrants.
- Wanted men arrested in Sutherlin
- Sutherlin man arrested in child prostitution sting
- Sutherlin High School receives award
- Fire destroys home in Sutherlin
- Two-A-Days: Sutherlin Bulldogs
- Crash kills one near Sutherlin
- Traffic stop on I-5 leads to meth arrest in Sutherlin
- Man accused of online sexual corruption arrested at Sutherlin motel
- Man arrested after shots fired in Sutherlin neighborhood
- Sutherlin credit union robbed Friday night