DUFUR, Ore. -- The fast-moving Long Hollow Fire ripping through Wasco County Friday has prompted the sheriff’s office to issue a level three evacuation order along the Deschutes River.
Everyone in the area from Sherars Falls to Mack’s Canyon have been told to leave immediately.
The blaze started around 4:30 p.m. Thursday on Long Hollow Road near the river.
In just five hours the fire jumped to burning an estimated 6,300 acres.
Flames appeared to be burning mostly in fields on both private and Bureau of Land Management property.
The Long Hollow Fire is burning close to where the Substation Fire broke out last week. That fire grew to 80,000 acres and left one man dead.
Deputies are asking people to avoid the area.
- Wasco County sheriff orders evacuation as Long Hollow Fire grows
- Officials: Long Hollow Fire containment level on the rise
- Jackson County sheriff reduces evacuation levels for Miles Fire
- Evacuations in place as Santiam Park Fire grows in Lyons
- 'Be ready' evacuation order lifted from Cottage Grove brush fire
- Fox Hollow Road closed through Friday
- Eugene asking for input on Echo Hollow Pool renovation plans
- Echo Hollow pool to close for renovations in February
- Officials order more evacuations as crews battle wildfire near Yosemite
- Fire forces evacuation of some Jefferson County residents