EUGENE, Ore. -- Eugene Water & Electric Board crews worked to repair a broken water main on Sunday as residents south of Harlow Road were left in standing water.
The water main break was on Westward Ho Avenue and North Garden Way.
Residents on Westward Ho Avenue, Oxbow Way and Conestoga Way all reported water, some calf-deep.
At around 7:30 p.m. EWEB posted on social media that crews were making repairs and people driving through the area should use caution.
The damage of the standing water to streets and property is unknown.
TRAFFIC ALERT: A water main break at Westward Ho and N. Garden Way south of Harlow Road has resulted in some standing water due to clogged storm drains. This area is wet and muddy, so avoid if possible. Use caution when traveling the area. Crews are on scene making repairs.
— EUG Water & Electric (@EWEButility) December 2, 2019
- Water main break causes flooding in Eugene neighborhood
- Second water main leaks in Thurston neighborhood
- Water main break causes traffic restrictions in Eugene
- Eugene man upset by water main breaks on his property
- Streets flood, power outages after Portland water main break
- Water main breaks not uncommon, officials say
- Springfield family seeks SUB help after water main break floods home
- Police investigating string of car break-ins in Eugene neighborhood
- Official: SUB won't pay for damages after water main break
- Water main break leads to contamination concerns at retirement community