Photo Gallery 3 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- A break in a 20-inch cast iron water main at the intersection of East Broadway and Hilyard Street is causing traffic issues downtown.
The Eugene Water & Electric Board said the break happened at around 2:30 a.m. Friday.
Southbound Hilyard Street is closed at East 8th Avenue.
Eastbound Broadway has been reduced to a single lane, with only eastbound and southbound traffic moving through.
Westbound Broadway is also restricted at the intersection, allowing traffic to turn onto northbound Hilyard Street.
EWEB crews are working to repair the break, but they estimate the work will take several hours.
- Water main break causes traffic restrictions in Eugene
- Eugene man upset by water main breaks on his property
- Water main break causes flooding in Eugene neighborhood
- Water main breaks not uncommon, officials say
- Official: SUB won't pay for damages after water main break
- Streets flood, power outages after Portland water main break
- Water main break leads to contamination concerns at retirement community
- Eugene could see more fireworks restrictions
- Eugene moving forward with stricter firework restrictions
- Eugene considers new downtown dog restrictions