SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Wayfair is set to open a new sales and service center in Springfield, and the hiring search is underway.
The online home goods store plans to offer more than 600 full-time jobs at the new location, which is scheduled to open in spring.
Springfield city officials said Wayfair will be located within the new PacificSource business campus -- the old Symantec building on International Way.
”We're excited to see jobs move into Springfield, said Courtney Griesel, the Economic Development Director for the city of Springfield.” We're always excited to whether its an existing company that's growing or a company that's moving into the community.”
Community members are also welcoming the opportunity for new jobs and economic growth.
”New jobs are never a bad thing,” said Seth Grueshow, a community member.”So that's great, and with everything else happening in Springfield, the downtown revitalizing itself and a lot of new business coming here, it really makes a lot of sense. The timing couldn't be better."
"It's gonna help a lot of people out with being homeless,” said Deven Martin, a community member. ”They get a fresh start. People that are in job training, transition such a veterans or even myself if I wanted to go for a different role of employment.”
“Springfield is pleased to welcome Wayfair to the community, and excited for the career and partnership opportunities it will bring to our community members,” Mayor Christine Lundberg said. “It is affirmation of our hard working and value driven workforce that a leader in world-class customer service chooses our community as home.”
Wayfair is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and has operations throughout North America and Europe. They employ more than 10,900 people.
If you would like to apply for a customer service, sales, human resources or management position, click here.
- Wayfair opening new sales and service center in Springfield
- Wayfair holds ribbon cutting ceremony for new Springfield center
- BottleDrop center opens in Springfield
- Springfield library open after flooding
- McKenzie-Willamette adds midwifery service in Springfield
- Bottle deposit center maybe coming to Springfield
- Egan Warming Center finds new Springfield location
- Egan Warming Center announces Springfield location
- Sales dip for business in Springfield due to construction
- New axe-throwing lounge opens in Springfield