CORVALLIS, Ore. – Drew Eubanks scored 22 points and Tres Tinkle added 18 to lead Oregon State to a 78-74 win over Loyola Marymount on Saturday afternoon at Gill Coliseum.
Eubanks went 10-for-10 from the field and joined three Beaver legends to go perfect in a game with a minimum of 10 attempts. Steve Johnson (13-for-13 vs. Hawaii-Hilo, Dec. 5, 1979 and 10-for-10 vs. Oregon, Jan. 17, 1981) and Charlie Sitton (11-for-11 vs. Portland State, Dec. 8, 1980 and 10-for-10 vs Arizona, Feb. 13, 1984) each did it twice and A.C. Green (10-for-10 vs. Oregon, Feb. 2, 1984) did it in a Civil War victory in Eugene.
A 6-foot-10 forward from Troutdale, Ore., Eubanks added five rebounds and four assists. He's now shooting 72.7 percent (40-for-55) from the field this season.
Tinkle had a spectacular all-around game with 18 points, seven rebounds, seven assists, three blocked shots and two steals. The seven assists and three blocks are career highs.
Stephen Thompson Jr. and Ethan Thompson were the other Oregon State players in double figures with 11 apiece.
The Beavers (4-3) rode an 18-2 first-half run to take a 34-18 lead and eventually held a 38-25 advantage at halftime.
The lead got back to 16 points twice in the second half, before Loyola Marymount (4-3) started knocking down nine of their second-half 3-pointers. The Lions cut the margin to two on three occasions, but Oregon State held on for the four-point win.
The Beavers outscored Loyola Marymount 15-0 on fast break points, 48-28 in the paint and 18-9 on points off turnovers.
Kendal Manuel added seven points, Ronnie Stacy finished with three points and five rebounds, and Alfred Hollins played well off the bench again to finish with four points and three boards.
Oregon State returns to action at 7 p.m. on Tuesday against Eastern Kentucky in a game that will be televised on Pac-12 Network.
Article provided by OSU Athletics.
- Web Extra: OSU after 78-74 win against LMU
- Web Extra: Cadyn Grenier on OSU win vs. Arkansas (6/27/18)
- Web Extra: Trevor Larnach after OSU win over Arkansas (6/27/18)
- Web Extra: Drew Eubanks on healthy OSU team (10/18/17)
- Web Extra: Scott Rueck at OSU media day (10/26/17)
- Web Extra: Brian Lindreg at OSU's early Signing Day (12/20/17)
- Web Extra: Jonathan Smith at OSU early signing day (1)
- Web Extra: Adley Rutschman After OSU Loss to Arkansas (6/26/18)
- Web Extra: Scott Rueck on OSU's 2018 expectations (11/7/18)
- Web Extra: Mike Riley on return to OSU staff