THE DALLES, Ore. -- Authorities say a grass fire in the Columbia River Gorge near The Dalles has prompted level three "go now" evacuations for area residents.
The Wasco County Sheriff's Office says fire crews were responding to the blaze just southeast of The Dalles Tuesday afternoon.
U.S. Forestry Service Columbia River Gorge officials say the fire had burned up to 3 square miles.
The evacuation notice to leave immediately was issued for residents on 8 Mile Road between Emerson Loop, the 15 Mile Junction, all of Wretham Market Road and Mason Road.
- Wildfire forces evacuations near The Dalles
- Warm Springs wildfire forces evacuations, shuts US 26
- Officials order more evacuations as crews battle wildfire near Yosemite
- Multiple fires inside South Eugene High School force evacuation
- Fire forces evacuation of some Jefferson County residents
- Local ties to California wildfire disaster
- Oregon Strike Teams help with California wildfire
- Wildfire breaks out in Douglas County
- Warm spring increases Oregon's wildfire potential
- Helicopters swarm wildfire near Cottage Grove