THE DALLES, Ore. -- Authorities say a grass fire in the Columbia River Gorge near The Dalles has prompted level three "go now" evacuations for area residents.
The Wasco County Sheriff's Office says fire crews were responding to the blaze just southeast of The Dalles Tuesday afternoon.
U.S. Forestry Service Columbia River Gorge officials say the fire had burned up to 3 square miles.
The evacuation notice to leave immediately was issued for residents on 8 Mile Road between Emerson Loop, the 15 Mile Junction, all of Wretham Market Road and Mason Road.
- Wildfire forces evacuations near The Dalles
- Warm Springs wildfire forces evacuations, shuts US 26
- Wildfire in Washington state prompts mandatory evacuations
- House fire forces Eugene family to evacuate
- 11,000 people have been forced to evacuate as firefighters battle wildfires in Canada
- Officials order more evacuations as crews battle wildfire near Yosemite
- Multiple fires inside South Eugene High School force evacuation
- Fire forces evacuation of some Jefferson County residents
- Suspicious device forces evacuation of LTD bus station in Eugene
- Springfield Quality Inn guests forced to evacuate for fire