EUGENE, Ore. -- A University of Oregon student speaks out after he witnessed the scene of a fatal shooting near campus Friday night.
Spencer Wilson, a student, was at a fraternity house near Taylor's Bar and Grill and the parking lot on 13th and Kincaid where police said the shooting took place. He said he ran outside the moment he heard shots ring out.
Police responded to 13th and Kincaid around 1:45 a.m. Saturday and found a person on the ground with a life-threatening injury from a gunshot wound. Police said the person died at the scene.
"It was crazy, like I was sick to my stomach immediately," Wilson said.
Wilson said he ran out of the Alpha Omega House to find the victim lying on the ground with a bullet hole in his chest.
"That's when I was like okay...I need to start praying," he said.
Wilson said he saw who he believed to be the shooter flee in a black car as he stood there with the victim's friends.
"I'm going off of what I can remember," he said. "I'm just in shock of seeing someone get shot like that and watching them die right frickin' here."
The victim has not been identified, but police said the person who died was not affiliated with the University of Oregon.
- Witness speaks out after shooting near University of Oregon's campus
- Police shoot at cougar on university campus
- University of Oregon student dies at off-campus residence
- University of Oregon Police add security cameras near campus
- University of Oregon certified as a Bee Campus USA
- Deadly Creswell plane crash witness speaks out
- Witnesses speak out after alleged slashing
- Roseburg residents witness, react to I-5 shooting
- Neighbors speak out about witnessing a dog attack
- Witnesses speak out after baby involved in stolen-vehicle crash