LINN COUNTY, Ore. -- A woman in Lebanon was arrested Thursday after deputies said she stole thousands of dollars from her grandmother.
Linn County deputies started investigating when the family of Joyce Ammon, 78, reported that her retirement account had been depleted of funds.
They said Ammon's granddaughter, Mindy Lynn Port, had been living with her when the money went missing.
Financial records show more than $50,000 had been taken from Ammon's accounts during the six months that Port had been living with her. Deputies were able to determine that Port had taken at least $43,000.
Port, 32, was arrested on charges of aggravated theft and criminal mistreatment.
- Woman accused of stealing $43,000 from grandmother
- Oregon man admits to stealing from grandmother to gamble
- Woman accused of stealing ambulance, ramming patrol car in Roseburg
- Corvallis couple accused of mistreating, stealing from elderly woman
- Albany woman accused of stealing thousands from employer
- Creswell woman accused of stealing from family in need
- Pair accused of stealing Springfield packages
- Man accused of stealing UPS truck, crashing
- Man accused of stealing vehicle, trying to run over owner
- Man accused of possessing pipe bomb, stealing motorcycle