BANDON, Ore. -- A woman was arrested Friday, accused of entering another woman’s tent and attacking her with a knife.
Susan Pittman, 51, of Langlois faces charges of second-degree assault, first-degree burglary and unlawful use of a weapon and menacing.
The Coos County Sheriff’s Office said the incident was reported on Friday at about 5:45 p.m.
Reports indicated a woman was attacked with a knife and was struck in the head.
The deputy responded to Two Mile Lane and found a woman whose head was bleeding. The woman told the deputy that Pittman had punched her in her head, face, neck and back and tried to stab her in the back, but she missed. Pittman also allegedly used a knife to cut up the woman’s tent.
After an investigation, the sheriff’s office said Pittman admitted to the attack and said it followed an argument. They said she told them she lost her temper and has a grudge against the woman.
Pittman was taken to the Coos County Jail.
- Woman arrested after knife attack in Bandon
- K-9 helps find missing 92-year-old Bandon woman
- Salem police arrest man after woman kidnapped at knife point
- Former Bandon coach pleads guilty to sex abuse involving child
- Student in Bandon suspended for allegedly making threats of violence
- Former Bandon coach pleads guilty to child porn
- Officers justified in fatal shooting of man in Bandon
- Road collapse closes Highway 42S east of Bandon
- ODOT opens southbound lane on Highway 42S east of Bandon
- Cleanup continues after a fishing boat catches fire in Bandon