Photo Gallery 5 Images
MAPLETON, Ore. - On Wednesday, December 20, Heather Dollman was cited with six counts of animal neglect.
Lane County Animal Services seized her two horses and said they heard about the case from someone who was concerned for the animals.
Dollman did confirm that she's currently an employee at the Oregon Coast Humane Society, and that her job may be in jeopardy because of this citation.
She said she's broken up over the loss of her horses and the whole ordeal. She said she wished the county had given her a warning and an opportunity to fix the circumstances.
A former coworker of Dollman's, Kip Foster, said this incident doesn't surprise him because he's seen her being neglectful at work.
"I don't personally dislike her, but I will say yes, I mean look at the evidence, she is neglectful," said Foster.
Lane County said the horses will be evaluated by a veternarian and housed in an animal rescue.
In the meantime, they will remain in the county's care until a ruling from the Lane County Justice Court.
- Woman cited with animal neglect works for a humane society
- Mapleton woman cited again for animal neglect
- Mapleton woman found guilty of animal neglect
- Mapleton woman pleads not guilty to animal neglect
- Adoption fees waived at Greenhill Humane Society
- Greenhill Humane Society to begin construction
- Greenhill Humane Society hosts annual Kitten Shower
- Greenhill Humane Society making progress on renovation
- State Police investigate Oregon Humane Society officers
- Medford woman jailed on child neglect charges