ROSEBURG, Ore -- A Sutherlin woman was killed in a two-vehicle crash on Sunday.
It happened around 3:30 a.m. on Feb. 11 south of Sutherlin, on I-5 northbound, near milepost 131.
Oregon State Police said the driver of a Chrysler minivan, Brandy Haga, did not see a semi tractor-trailer in the slow lane in front of her and crashed into the back of the trailer.
Haga, 29, and three of her passengers were taken to the hospital. One of the passengers, Jennifer Cruz, 34, later died at the hospital. Police said she was not wearing a seatbelt.
The driver of the semi was not hurt and is cooperating with the investigation.
The other two passengers from Sutherlin are recovering in the hospital from unknown injuries.
The investigation is ongoing, but police do not expect to file criminal charges.
- Sutherlin woman dies after crashing into semi tractor-trailer
- Roseburg man dies in garbage truck crash in Sutherlin
- Sutherlin High School receives award
- Fire destroys home in Sutherlin
- Sheriff: Toddler died in tractor accident in Estacada
- Sutherlin credit union robbed Friday night
- Students surprise Sutherlin Police with handmade card
- Sutherlin holding community forum on school bond
- Sutherlin Police receive speed enforcement grant
- Winter storm damages Sutherlin high school gymnasium