NEWPORT, Ore. -- A woman has pleaded guilty to manslaughter charges for starting the fire at a Newport motel that killed four people, including a couple from Springfield.
Rebecca Sinclair has been sentenced to three years and nine months in prison and she will not be eligible for early release.
Officials said she likely started the August 2016 fire in her room at the City Center Motel by carelessly discarding smoking materials.
Danny and Sandra Shoemaker from Springfield died in the fire.
- Woman sentenced for starting Newport motel fire
- Fire destroys vacant house in Newport
- Guest critically injured in Newport hotel fire
- Man arrested in Newport shooting
- Creswell motel catches fire; 10 people evacuated
- Washington woman found dead on beach near Newport
- Documents: Newport woman said her son 'deserved' stabbing
- UPDATE: Second fire at Creswell motel linked to first fire
- OSU student charged in Newport kidnapping
- Corvallis doctor dies while surfing near Newport