EUGENE, Ore. -- Getting a ride home from the bars on New Year's Eve just got cheaper in Eugene and Springfield.
The Technology Association of Oregon, Better Eugene-Springfield Transportation, Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), with the support of City of Eugene Parking, are organizing a Safe Rides Home effort. They are working together with Lyft, Oregon Taxi, and Uber with a shared goal to help ensure that everyone gets home safe.
From 8 p.m. on New Year's Eve till 3 a.m. on New Year's day, Lyft and Uber passengers can save $5 when they request a ride, while Oregon Taxi users can save $10 when they use their app.
"Unfortunately, Lane County has one of the highest DUI rates in the state," said Matt Sayer of the Technology Association of Oregon. "We are excited for folks to have one more good reason to make a safe choice this holiday season."
Lyft users can save money by using the discount code “NYERIDE18”. For Uber it's “SAFERIDE2018”. The discount code for Oregon Taxi is “SAFERIDE2018.”
The promotion is available to everyone in the Eugene-Springfield area.
- Discounts for Uber, Lyft, and Taxis on NYE
- OSU students enjoying convenience of Uber, Lyft
- Eugene opens door to Uber and Lyft
- Why Uber and Lyft drivers are striking
- Mayor hopes Uber and Lyft will be Eugene by summer
- Roseburg to consider allowing Uber, Lyft to operate
- Eugene city officials: Uber and Lyft expected to return
- Rideshare users have mixed feelings about Uber, Lyft
- Ashland clears way for Uber, Lyft to launch services
- Taxi driver arrested for DUII