It's Friday – and this particular kick-off to the weekend is extra sweet because it's also National Waffle Day!
August 24 is the anniversary of the first U.S. patent for a waffle iron. It was issued to Cornelius Swarthout in 1869.
People around the world eat different kids of waffles.
To meet the definition, waffles just need leavened dough or batter cooked between two hot plates.
National Maple Syrup Day is December 17, so you can break out that waffle iron again in a few months!
- It's National Waffle Day!
- It's National Pumpkin Day!
- Man falls through ceiling of Waffle House
- Wrestling for national recognition
- Eugene florist wins national award
- Oregon State adds 12 players to 2019 Class on National Signing Day
- National Drug Take Back begins tomorrow
- Local rodeo star stuns at national competition
- Oregon to lead national suit against CenturyLink