Eugene, OR. -- Oregon softball is not in an ideal place heading into its first Pac-12 series this weekend. The Ducks will face Arizion while on a six-game losing streak.
The Ducks are feeling optimistic despite the negative results.
"They're young, hungry, they're not afraid to compete," head coach Melyssa Lombardi said. "II's just putting it together. Once we put it together a couple times and they see what we could, I think you'll see us look different."
A bright spot for UO came against Oklahoma State came in the second and third games of the series as the Ducks combined for 12 runs. Oregon scored a combined three runs in their five games before that.
"Some of the plays that could've gone, 50-50 either way, you saw girls diving after balls," said pitcher Jordan Dail. "I think the home crowd really helped. It's just a matter of taking that and running with it for the rest of the season whether we are playing home and away."
The Ducks start conference play away from home as first pitch against Arizona is set for 6 pm on Friday in Tuscon.
- Ducks optimistic despite six-game losing streak
- Beavers End Streak Against Ducks
- Ducks win exhibition game
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks win, Beavers lose in southern road games
- Ducks stunned by Bruins, lose 87-84
- Baseball Roundup: Ducks, Beavs drop road games
- Baseball Roundup: Ducks, Beavs drop home games
- Oregon State snaps Oregon’s 17 game winning streak (2/18/19)
- Oregon men lose another close game
- Oregon Ducks win bowl game against Michigan State