Photo Gallery 5 Images
Eugene, OR. -- The Ducks and Beavers played their second-to-last regular season game of 2019 Friday night. Oregon suffered a crushing loss to UCLA, eliminating the program from the postseason and Oregon State tied its series with USC.
Adley Rutschman, Beau Phillip and Zack Zalesky all homered in Oregon State’s 5-2 Friday night victory over USC.
Rutschman tallied his 17th home run of the season, hitting a two-run bomb in the first.
Then Phillip followed with a solo shot in the third and Zalesky recorded his first career home run with a two-run blast in the fourth.
The three home runs accounted for nearly half of the Beavers’ seven hits on the night.
The series between the Trojans is now split. The Beavers will try to close out the regular season with a conference series win tomorrow at 12:05 p.m.
As for Oregon, No. 1 UCLA clinched the series with a 6-5 win at PK Park.
The heartbreaking loss officially eliminates the Ducks from the postseason contention with two straight losing seasons.
The Bruins scored six runs in the third inning to give UCLA the lead and the eventual win.
Oregon made a comeback by scoring two runs in back-to-back innings.
The Ducks will close out the 2019 season with one final home game against UCLA tomorrow afternoon at 4:00 p.m.
- Baseball Roundup: Oregon State’s bats come alive, Oregon comes up short.
- Baseball Roundup: Oregon State and Oregon baseball both earn victories
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs, Ducks come up short
- Oregon State Baseball Cruises Past Northwestern (6/1/18)
- Oregon State Stays Alive in College World Series
- Hot bats lead Oregon past Arizona State in game one of the Women's College World Series
- Oregon State baseball is heading back to Omaha
- Oregon State Baseball not missing a beat in title defense
- Oregon State baseball lock up Civil War series win
- Oregon State baseball wins the College World Series