Corvallis, Ore. -- Oregon State baseball looked in trouble against Arizona at certain points in their series opener, but the Beavers found their bats late, lifted by a three run homerun from Ryan Ober to take the first game 8-4. The game-winner honors went to Jake Harvey, whose RBI triple provided the go ahead run before Ober iced things off.
In the fourth inning, Arizona's Tony Bullard went yard on Brandon Eisert, the first home run allowed by the Beaver pitcher this season. Eisert managed 6 1/3 innings before head coach Pat Bailey went to the bullpen, giving Dylan Pearce an opportunity in relief. Pearce got the win with 1 2/3 scoreless innings pitched, while the Beaver bats put seven unanswered runs up on the board.
Adley Rutschman started off the rally with an inside-the-park homerun in the fifth inning before Matthew Gretler, brother of former Beaver Michael, pinched a 2 run single to tie things up. Harvey's triple scored Tyler Malone, which gave OSU a lead late in the game.
The series continues at Goss Stadium on Friday night, with a first pitch time of 7:05 p.m.
- Beaver Baseball opens series vs. Arizona with comeback win
- Gipson joins Beaver baseball staff
- Gulich Lifts Beavers over Arizona State
- Beavers Open Supers With 8-1 Win (6/8/18)
- Beavers come back for win in College World Series
- Beavers Win Double-Overtime Thriller
- Beavers Fall to Arizona State in Pac-12 Tournament
- Beavers open Kajikawa Classic with pair of wins
- Baseball Roundup: Ducks sweep the Lions, Beavers drop series finale against WVU (3/3/19)
- Beavers Drop Opening CWS Final Game