Eugene, OR -- The Beavers headed into Sunday's final Civil War matchup against the Ducks after run-ruling Oregon in five innings on Friday and beating them 8-6 on Saturday.
Oregon State had some hot bats all night long as the Beavers topped Oregon, 12-8.
It started in the first inning when Frankie Hammoude drove in Shelby Weeks to put the Beavers on the board early.
It was the third inning that helped the Beavers to four more runs. Weeks homered, and a couple of infield errors from the Ducks allowed Camryn Ybarra, Jessica Garcia, and Frankie Hammoude to cross home plate.
But, it's that special kind of 'fight' that Oregon head coach, Melyssa Lombardi, has been talking about all season long, that kept them in this game. Two solo home runs, from Rachel Cid and Hannah Galey, gave the Ducks a chance for a win.
However, Oregon's pitching staff couldn't solve the OSU lineup.
The Beavers are now 24-18 overall. They'll have one final conference matchup between Utah at the OSU Softball Complex from May 9-11. Down south, the Ducks will travel to Utah for their first game of the series on Friday.
- Beavers get the sweep at Jane Sanders Stadium
- Beavers Release Wrestling Schedule
- Beavers Win Double-Overtime Thriller
- Beavers End Streak Against Ducks
- Beavers Down LSU, 14-1 (6/2/18)
- Gipson joins Beaver baseball staff
- Baseball Roundup: Ducks sweep the Lions, Beavers drop series finale against WVU (3/3/19)
- Baseball Roundup: Ducks win double-header in Salt Lake City, Beavers sweep the Huskies
- Beavers edge ASU in top-25 showdown
- Beavers Win 14th Straight Civil War