Corvallis, OR -- For the second day in a row, Oregon State football team held practice in Reser Stadium. Offensive Coordinator, Brian Lindgren says being in the stadium adds another level of intensity and excitement to camp.
Another position group the team is really excited to see on the field this year is the tight ends. Senior Noah Toagiai is back for his 5th season with OSU, and healthier than a season ago. Last year the unit combined for just 20 receptions, 208 yards, and three touchdowns. Toagiai had all three scores, but says this year will be a lot different.
He said, "I see a lot of hard working guys. We got a ton of talent in there that I'm excited to see out there on the field today; on the field this year. I think we can have five tight ends playing, or five-six tight ends playing this year. And that's something that i'm excited to see, but something we have to work towards in camp."
The group also has the backing of the coaches, Lindgren said we should expect a very versatile group who will play a bigger role in the offense than last season. But with 7 players returning, and a unique group of three freshman, tight ends coach, Brian Wozniak will have his hands full trying to figure out a way to evenly sure up playing time. While speaking with the media Thursday, he said for him it has to start with the basics.
"I think, first and foremost and I'm always going to tell those guys hey no blocking, no catching. We're going to handle the run, we're going to handle the front seven first and I think we just need to get better timing to go make plays when we're asked to make plays in the passing game."
Oregon State will host Oklahoma State in week one on August 30th, at 7:30 p.m. in Reser Stadium.
- Beavers hold second practice in Reser Stadium
- OSU shifts practice to Reser for the first time this fall camp
- Beavers get the sweep at Jane Sanders Stadium
- Beavers Release Wrestling Schedule
- OSU holds first practice in pads
- Beavers hold on vs. Gonzaga, advance to Sweet 16
- Web Extra: Jonathan Smith on returning to Reser for week two (9/3/18)
- Beavers Win Double-Overtime Thriller
- Beavers End Streak Against Ducks
- Beavers Down LSU, 14-1 (6/2/18)