Corvallis, Ore. -- Oregon State's balanced offensive attack was enough to defeat UCLA, 79-66, and improve to 3-0 in Pac-12 Conference.
As a team OSU shot 47.5 percent from the floor despite going 7-25 from three-point range. The Beavers recorded 21 assists on 29 field goals.
The Beavers went into halftime with a 32-26 lead but the Bruins came roaring back. UCLA opened the second half on a 10-1 run.
Back-to-back three's from freshman guard Jalen Hands gave the Bruins the 43-41 lead with 15:16 left in the second half. Hands had 12 points on the night. Kris Wilkes led the Bruins with 21 points.
After trailing 47-46 with 11:16 to play Oregon State responded with an 8-0 scoring run capped off by a Zach Reichle three-pointer and an Alfred Hollins jumper. The Beavers never surrendered the lead after that as Oregon State led by as many as 18 points in the second half.
"I don't know exactly what it was but it was a pretty good run to stretch things out," said Oregon State head coach Wayne Tinkle. "Just really proud of our guys and the toughness all the way down the roster."
Guards Stephen Thomspon Jr. and Ethan Thompson scored 17 each. They were two of five OSU players who scored in double figures. Forward Kylor Kelley had 14 points on 6-6 shooting while Tres Tinkle added 14 while nursing an ankle injury. Alfred Hollins contributed with 11 points.
With the win Oregon State improves to 11-4 overall and 3-0 in the Pac-12. The Beavers will now travel to take on Arizoan State at 7 P.M. on Thursday in Tempe, Ariz.
- Beavers top UCLA, improve to 3-0 in Pac-12
- Beavers Top #7 UCLA in Overtime Thriller
- Beavers Fall To USC In Pac-12 Quarterfinals
- Ducks outlast UCLA in OT, advance to Pac-12 championship
- Beavers Fall to Arizona State in Pac-12 Tournament
- Beavers open Pac-12 play 2-0, beat Trojans 79-74
- Web Extra: Mike White after Oregon loss to UCLA in their Pac-12 opener (3/16/18)
- Web Extra: Wayne Tinkle talks after Beaver's win over UCLA (1/18/18)
- PHOTO GALLERY: Santiam Christian defeats Harrisburg 3-0
- Ducks drop home opener, 3-0 (3/8/19)