Corvallis, OR. -- Oregon versus Oregon State. It’s one of the best rivalries in all of college sports. And this weekend the country will witness the Ducks and Beavers going head-to-head in men’s and women’s basketball.
For the women, Oregon (23-1, 12-0) and Oregon State (20-4, 10-2) sit atop of the Pac-12 standings. The Ducks and Beavers will play Friday night at 6:00 in Matthew Knight Arena and Monday night at 6:00 in Gill Coliseum. The Oregon State players are already preparing for the battle it will be to defend Oregon stars Sabrina Ionescu and Satou Sabally.
"We all want a team with five scorers,” said OSU head coach Scott Rueck. “But we're obviously one of those too. So it's difficult to guard anybody that can do that."
And for the men, Oregon State (15-8, 7-4) and Oregon (15-9, 6-5) play Saturday night at 7:30 in Gill Coliseum. Since the Beavers are not on the normal two game schedule routine, they’ve taken a couple days off to mentally and physically regroup for the Civil War.
“I think it's going to be pretty nice. We're able to get our feet back under us and get healthy with all the little injuries we have,” said sophomore guard Ethan Thompson.
"It's going to help for sure,” said junior forward Tres Tinkle. “Just more days to prepare for them. Just one team instead of two. It's important to keep our minds and our bodies up to par."
- Civil War week has the Beavers anxious and excited (2/12/19)
- Beavers Win 14th Straight Civil War
- Web Extra: Kelly Graves discusses upcoming Civil War against Beavers (1/17/18)
- Web Extra: Marcus Arroyo on how to outplay the Beavers offensively in the Civil War (11/20/18)
- Beavers Release Wrestling Schedule
- Oregon St. defeats Ducks, sweeps Civil War
- Beavers Win Double-Overtime Thriller
- Beavers End Streak Against Ducks
- Beavers Down LSU, 14-1 (6/2/18)
- Gipson joins Beaver baseball staff