Eugene, OR. -- Mark Wasikowski was officially introduced as the head baseball coach of the Oregon Ducks on Friday.
Wasikowski most recently served as the head baseball coach at Purdue for three seasons (2017-19) after spending five seasons (2012-16) as an assistant coach at Oregon under former head coach George Horton.
"I want a program that wants to push the envelope," Wasikowski said. "I want a program that shows up every single day looking to, absolutely, not only beat people, but to do their best to make a statement that Oregon baseball is for real."
During his first season at Purdue Wasikowski won 29 games with a Boilermaker program that won just 10 games the previous year. It was the largest improvement in NCAA Division I baseball in 2017. The following season Purdue won 38 games and was the runner-up in the Big 10 regular season and tournament while earning an NCAA Regional berth.
- Ducks introduce Wasikowski as new baseball coach
- Oregon announces Mark Wasikowski as new baseball coach
- KEZI Sports Extra Podcast: Oregon baseball coach Mark Wasikowski
- Oregon State baseball introduces new head coach Mitch Canham
- Wasikowski hires first member of his staff
- Nagle Named Ducks Women's Tennis Coach
- Ducks name Gamble head lax coach
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs, Ducks sweep doubleheader
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs, Ducks come up short
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs, Ducks both fall