Photo Gallery 13 Images
Eugene, Ore. -- In what is their final series of the 2019 season, Oregon softball dropped their first game of the three game stint vs. Arizona State by a score of 4-0. The Duck bats went cold, tallying only one hit across the entire game as Sun Devil pitcher Samantha Mejia won her 14th game of the season. Sophomore pitcher Jordan Dail (18-16) gave up three runs in the first inning and from there ASU cruised, holding Oregon off the board completely.
Arizona State junior Jade Gortarez had three RBI's of her own, batting 2-3 on the evening, pacing the Sun Devils lineup. The lone hit of the game for the Ducks belonged to Haley Cruse, who had a leadoff double in the top of the second inning but couldn't get home. Same was true in the inning prior, where ASU loaded the bases with three walks, but the Ducks were unable to drive in any runs.
What comes next is the second and third games of the series, which are also the penultimate and final games of the year for Oregon softball. Friday's first pitch is at 5:00 p.m. while Saturday's game is at noon, both at Jane Sanders Stadium. Both games will be on the Pac-12 Network.
- Oregon softball drops first series game vs. Arizona State
- Oregon softball hopes to finish strong vs. Arizona State
- Oregon Softball wins game one at College World Series
- Hot bats lead Oregon past Arizona State in game one of the Women's College World Series
- Oregon State wins Civil War series in game two
- PHOTO GALLERY: Oregon beats Arizona State 31-29
- Ducks drop first game of series to no. 2 Stanford
- Oregon softball opens series vs. Cal with 1-0 win
- Oregon softball falls, but still wins series vs. Cal
- Oregon softball "duck hunting" ahead of Civil War series