Eugene, Ore. -- It was a Saturday to forget for the Oregon and Oregon State men's basketball teams, who both suffered road losses to the Arizona schools. The Ducks fell to Arizona State, 78-64, while the Beavers came up short against Arizona, 82-71.
Oregon went into the half tied with the Sun Devils at 39 after Payton Pritchard banked a three-pointer at the buzzer. Pritchard led the way for the Ducks with 20 points, including 4-9 from three-point range. Arizona State was able to pull away thanks to a 19-point run. Louis King added 16 points while Paul White scored 12 points in the losing effort.
Oregon State wasn't able to get by Arizona despite 25 points and 10 rebounds from Tres Tinkle. The big difference came from the three-point line. Arizona shot 48.1 percent from deep hitting 13 threes compared to just four for OSU. The Wildcats also had five players score in double figures, including 20 points from Brandon Williams. Arizona won the points off turnovers, second chance points, fast break points and bench points battle. Ethan Thompson recorded 17 points for the Beavers in the loss.
Both teams will welcome in the Washington schools next week. Oregon will take on the Huskies at 6 P.M. on Thursday at Matthew Knight. Oregon State will go up against Washington St at 8 P.M. on Thursday at Gill Coliseum.
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs suffer road losses
- Women’s Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs win on the road
- Women's Hoops Roundup: Ducks hammer Utes, Beavs roll Buffaloes
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks fall to Buffs, Beavs take down Utes
- Women's Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs upset by Washington
- Women's Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs win at home
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs, Ducks both victorious on Saturday
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks win, Beavers lose in southern road games
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs top WVU in home opener, Ducks hold off LMU
- Beavs bounce back against Cal