Eugene, Ore. -- The University of Oregon softball team will be heading into the school year with a full staff ready to hit the ground running. Wednesday morning, Duck head coach Melyssa Lombardi announced the hiring of Megan Langenfeld as an assistant coach.
Langenfeld comes with Pac-12 experience and quite the pedigree: a 2010 national champion and three-time all-American, with coaching stints at the University of Arkansas, Stanford University and UC-Riverside. She was the pitching coach at Riverside for the 2018 season, and joins Lombardi, assistant coach Justin Shults, and volunteer assistant Sierra Romero on the Oregon staff.
In 2018, the Riverside pitching staff finished the season with 15 shutouts, a no-hitter, and several new program records. Ace Hailey Dolcini went 15-9 with a 1.80 ERA, second best in program single-season history, while Tayler Misfeldt tied for second all-time in program history with 21 wins.
As a player, Langenfeld was a four-time all-Region and all-Pac-10 selection from 2007 to 2010. In 2010, she was a finalist for USA Softball national player of the year, and earned the Women's College World Series most outstanding player award. During that title run, Langenfeld hit .706 and slugged 1.529 and also went 3-0 in the circle with 17 strikeouts in 24.2 innings of action.
That season, she also set UCLA single season program recordds in on-base percentage (.667), slugging percentage (1.085) and posted the second-best batting average in Bruins history (.527). As a pitcher, Langenfeld went 14-1 with a 1.53 ERA and 76 strikeouts in 114.1 innings. She finished her career 53-9 and holds UCLA's all-time career saves record with 12.
In addition to her three Pac-10 all-academic honors, she was nominated for an ESPY and honored as the Los Angeles sportswoman of the year. Langenfeld was a tournament MVP for Team USA in the 2010 Japan Cup, and has spent time at the international level as a first baseman, pitcher and designated hitter.
- Langenfeld named to Oregon softball staff
- Mike White Leaving Oregon Softball Program
- Oregon adds Ben Thomas to track and field staff
- Oregon Softball wins game one at College World Series
- Gipson joins Beaver baseball staff
- USF head coach Lehman-Winters joins Oregon track and field staff
- Oregon's Emma Eddy and Oregon State's Don Tchilao named Pac-12 players of the week
- Web Extra: Lauren Lindvall on the Lindvall history with Oregon softball (5/2/18)
- Web Extra: Oregon Softball on beating Albany in NCAA Regionals (5/17/18)
- Web Extra: Oregon softball on advancing to the Super Regionals (5/19/18)