Omaha, NE - It's been the storyline of the OSU baseball team's 2018 trip to the College World Series. The Beavers thrive off adversity. They lost the first game of the tournament to the University of North Carolina, then the ultimate rally began.
Oregon State went on to win 4 straight games against Washington, a rematch with UNC, and twice against Mississippi State. This earned them a spot in the World Series Finals against the Arkansas Razorbacks.
Game one in the Finals didn't end in the Beavers favor. They lost 4 to 1. But, much like their start in the series, they rallied back in a big way in game 2 Wednesday night. The Beavers were trailing the Razorbacks 3-2 going into the 9th inning, with Arkansas leading. Then Cadyn Grenier drove in a run to tie the game, and Trevor Larnach hit the go-ahead two run home run. The final score: 5-3 OSU.
It's the best of 3 series, so with it tied 1-1, game 3 is Thursday at 3:30 p.m. PST in Omaha, Nebraska.
- OSU baseball forces game 3 in World Series Finals
- Jefferson boosts OSU running game
- OSU shutout Washington State in series sweep
- Oregon State baseball wins the College World Series
- Game One of College World Series Finals Delayed Till Tuesday (6/25/18)
- Oregon State heads to the College World Series Finals
- OSU Baseball Pitcher Heimlich claims innocence
- OSU hires Canham as baseball coach
- Oregon Softball wins game one at College World Series
- OSU downs DePaul, advances to WNIT final