TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- Helena Pueyo reached a career-high in scoring by halftime, Aari McDonald extended her string of double-digit scoring to 78 games and No. 11 Arizona gave Oregon State a rare wallop, 67-51. Pueyo scored all of her 15 points in the first half as she made all four attempts from beyond the 3-point arc. McDonald poured in 20 points for Arizona, her double-digit scoring streak ties the mark set by Oregon grad Sabrina Ionescu. Oregon State was playing for the first time since Dec. 19 after an extended pause for COVID-19 concerns. Taylor Jones and Savannah Samuel led the Beavers with 11 points each, three other players scored eight apiece.
The Beavers drop a game to No. 11 Arizona on the road. This comes after OSU had six straight games postponed due to COVID-19 issues.
Posted: Jan 17, 2021 9:51 PM
- OSU drops first game after layoff
- OSU drops game to Colorado
- OSU games postponed
- Jefferson boosts OSU running game
- OSU to hold draft for spring game
- Beaver Hoops Roundup: OSU sweeps Saturday games
- OSU announces season opener game time
- OSU announces game against Santa Clara
- UO, OSU games vs. Arizona State postponed
- OSU baseball forces game 3 in World Series Finals
Scroll for more content...