CORVALLIS, Ore. – Adley Rutschman's two-run single in the ninth inning snapped a 3-3 tie and sent the Oregon State baseball team back to Omaha with a 6-3 win over Minnesota Saturday night in front of a record crowd 4,025 at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field.
Rutschman drilled a 1-2 pitch from Minnesota's Jackson Rose back up the middle, bringing in Cadyn Grenier and Steven Kwan. OSU (49-10-1 overall) tacked on another run when Kyle Nobach was hit by a pitch for the final tally.
Nobach ended the day with two RBI on a 1-for-3 effort after the senior drove in the game-tying run in the eighth on a single to right. It came off Minnesota reliever Max Meyer, and evened the score after the Gophers scored solo runs in the third, fourth and fifth innings.
Christian Chamberlain, who tossed two scoreless innings of relief, picked up the win, improving to 3-0 this year. He came on in relief of Bryce Fehmel, who allowed six hits and three runs in six innings.
Jake Mulholland picked up his 15th save of the year with a scoreless ninth.
Meyer took the loss for Minnesota (44-15), dropping to 2-3. He allowed five hits and four runs in 3 1/3 innings.
OSU finished the game with 13 hits, led by Kwan, who finished with three. Grenier, Rutschman and Trevor Larnach tallied two apiece.
Oregon State will play North Carolina in the Beavers' opening game of the College World Series in Omaha. Days, times and TV information will be announced in the near future.
Gretler To 13
Michael Gretler extended his season-long hit streak to 13 games with a single in the second. His 13-game streak is the second-longest on the team this year, trailing Cadyn Grenier's 27-gamer.
Attendance, Another Record
Oregon State has now had 50 consecutive crowds of 3,000 or more after totaling 4,025 in a Goss Stadium single-game record on Saturday. The Beavers averaged 3,592 per game in 2018.
Courtesy: OSU Athletics
- Oregon State baseball is heading back to Omaha
- PHOTO GALLERY: Oregon defeats Nebraska-Omaha
- Oregon State baseball introduces new head coach Mitch Canham
- Beavers Defeat Mississippi State in Omaha
- Baseball Roundup: Oregon State and Oregon baseball both earn victories
- Oregon Ducks heading back to Elite 8
- Oregon State Baseball Cruises Past Northwestern (6/1/18)
- Web Extra: Oregon State to see North Carolina Again in Omaha (6/20/18)
- Oregon State defensive back set to transfer
- Beavers Ready for UNC Rematch in Omaha