CORVALLIS, Ore. – Oregon State held on for a 79-75 win over Arizona State on Saturday night at Gill Coliseum in the final home game of the season.
With the score tied 75-75, the Beavers (14-14, 6-10 Pac-12) knocked down four free throws in the final 37 seconds for the win.
All five Oregon State starters scored in double figures in a balanced offensive attack.
Drew Eubanks led the way with 16 points, Tres Tinkle added 15, Alfred Hollins had 14, Stephen Thompson Jr. chipped in 13 and Etham Thompson finished with 12.
Tinkle added eight rebounds and eight assists. Hollins had a career-high six steals.
Eubanks made two free throws with 37 seconds to play to give the Beavers a 77-75 lead. Thompson grabbed an offensive rebound, was fouled and made at the stripe for a 79-75 advantage with 12 seconds left.
Oregon State went on a 16-5 run, making their final seven field goal attempts of the first half, to lead 36-30 at the break. The lead grew to 59-44 before the Sun Devils made a late rally to tie the game.
Tra Holder led Arizona State (19-9, 7-9) with 23 points.
Oregon State hits the road with stops in Seattle on Thursday at play Washington at 8 p.m. (ESPN2) and Pullman on Saturday to face Washington State at 3:30 p.m. (Pac-12 Network).
OREGON STATE ATHLETICS' EVERYDAY CHAMPIONS CULTURE
Through the power of sport, we help people discover and pursue their passions, talents and purpose in order to live a life of balance and positive contribution.
Courtesy: Oregon State Athletics
- Oregon State escapes with a 79-74 victory over Arizona State
- PHOTO GALLERY: Oregon beats Arizona State 31-29
- Baseball Roundup: Oregon State and Oregon baseball both earn victories
- Beavers open Pac-12 play 2-0, beat Trojans 79-74
- No. 14 Arizona beats Oregon State 75-65 in OT
- Oregon softball hopes to finish strong vs. Arizona State
- Oregon softball drops first series game vs. Arizona State
- USC wins 4th straight with 74-67 victory over Oregon State
- Gulich Lifts Beavers over Arizona State
- Web Extra: Oregon State men basketball on close win over Arizona State (2/24/18)