CORVALLIS, Ore. (AP) - Kylor Kelley scored a career-high 22 points and blocked seven shots to lead Oregon State to an 80-58 victory over Grambling State on Saturday.
Kelley, a 7-foot senior center who is fifth in the nation in blocked shots, was 7 of 8 from the field, including four dunks, and had seven rebounds.
Alfred Hollins scored 18 points, Tres Tinkle had 17 and Ethan Thompson 13 for the Beavers (5-1).
Kelley scored 12 first-half points and the Beavers led 44-30 at the break.
The Tigers (3-2) cut the lead to 52-42 early in the second half on Anthony Gaston's 3-pointer, but they would not get closer.
Tinkle's layup extended the lead to 73-54 and the Beavers were not threatened the rest of the way.
Ivy Smith Jr. led Grambling State of the Southwestern Athletic Conference with 17 points and Devante Jackson added 13.
Oregon State shot 46.4% from the field compared with 37.3% for the Tigers, and had a 42-29 advantage on the boards.
Grambling State: Grambling State took a major step up in competition playing a Pac-12 school on the road. The Tigers had been averaging 101.5 points per game, which included a 147-52 victory over Ecclesia College.
Oregon State: The Beavers have won three in a row and remain unbeaten at home. Tinkle continues to put up impressive numbers and is tied for the national lead with four double-doubles.
Grambling State will be at Portland State on Tuesday in Santa Barbara, Calif.
Oregon State will play San Jose State in the Las Vegas Classic on Tuesday.
- Oregon State men's basketball beats Grambling 80-58
- Oregon State men's basketball falls to Washington
- Oregon basketball beats Houston 78-66
- Web Extra: Oregon State women's basketball on beating Washington (1/6/19)
- Oregon State Men's Basketball falls to Cal 74-70 (2/3/18)
- Oregon men's basketball falls to Washington State in Pullman
- Oregon men’s basketball back on track?
- Oregon State beats Arizona State, 35-34
- Beaver men's basketball beats UC Santa Barbara 78-67
- PHOTO GALLERY: Oregon beats Arizona State 31-29