Corvallis, OR. -- Facing a confident UCLA team on senior night, No.12 Oregon State came up with enough big plays on both sides of the court to finish a remarkable seven-day stretch with a 75-72 victory over the Bruins.
The win clinched a top-four seed and a first-round bye for the Beavers at the Pac-12 tournament in Las Vegas.
“For Katie McWilliams and Joanna Grymek to play the way they did today on their last regular season home game was really remarkable,” said Oregon State head coach Scott Rueck. “You know it goes well as a coach. But you know there’s always so much emotion. Both of them were fighting back tears.”
Sophomore guard Aleah Goodman led the Beavers with 21 points and was 40 percent from behind the arc. McWilliams and Grymek were also major contributors, as they combined for 24 points on the night.
“I’m just so blessed to come here to Oregon State,” said McWilliams. “And to be apart of this program and be coached by Scott and just help continue the culture that has been built here.”
Oregon State, just one game back behind the Oregon Ducks in the Pac-12 standings, closes conference play next weekend against the Arizona schools.
- Oregon State seniors shine on senior night (2/24/19)
- Oregon State Gets the Win on Senior Day
- Offense shines in Oregon State's spring game
- Ionescu returning for senior season
- Troy Dye returning for senior season at University of Oregon
- Oregon State loses a heartbreaker to ASU on senior day(3/3/19)
- Senior, Jessica Garcia kicks off Senior weekend with a walk-off
- Web Extra: Kyle Nobach on Senior Night win against UCLA (5/25/18)
- Web Extra: Troy Dye on senior night, linebacker corps before ASU game (11/14/18)
- Web Extra: Mario Cristobal on the sweet taste of victory on senior night PART 2 (11/17/18)