Photo Gallery 26 Images
Eugene, OR -- A packed house of 35,110 Duck fans gathered at Autzen Stadium for this year's spring game.
The teams were split into Green and Yellow teams. The Green team, Mighty Oregon, defeated the Yellow team, Fighting Ducks, 20-13.
"We want to make this spring game a really big deal," head coach Mario Cristobal said. "We want to make this sort of a spring homecoming."
Green team quarterback Justin Herbert threw two touchdowns and had 219 passing yards. His first touchdown pass was to his newest target, wide receiver transfer Juwan Johnson.
Johnson had three catches for 32 yards. Mycah Pittman led all receivers with seven catches and 48 yards.
Herbert's other touchdown pass went to Jaylon Redd which sealed the win for the Green team putting them up in the third quarter, 20-10
The only Fighting Ducks' touchdown came on a Cyrus Habibi-Likio two-yard run in the second quarter.
Habibi-Likio had 12 carries for 47 yards. Travis Dye added 10 carries for 44 yards.
Duck royalty was also in attendance as for Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota as well as the Oregon men's and women's basketball teams were in attendance.
Cristobal wants to see the spring game event grow in the coming years.
"I want to meet as many former players as possible," Cristobal said. "Doesn't always have to be the great ones. That's always awesome. It really is because obviously everybody recognizes it. The other ones that didn't get the glory and what not because it has to continue to grow to be an event where you want to bring your family back and show your children and your wife and family members, look this is where I played."
Oregon football opens the season on August 31 against Auburn at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
- Oregon football impresses at spring game
- Offense shines in Oregon State's spring game
- OSU football begin spring practices
- Web Extra: Jonathan Smith after Oregon State's Spring Game (4/28/18)
- Leavitt, Oregon football part ways
- Oregon football holds Pro Day
- OSU to hold draft for spring game
- Defense adapting to Avalos’ coaching style, Shough continues to impress
- Web Extra: Mario Cristobal after Oregon Spring game part 1 (4/21/18)
- Web Extra: Mario Cristobal after Oregon Spring game part 2 (4/21/18)