Corvallis, OR -- Oregon State outfielder, Shelby Weeks said the Beavers will be "duck hunting" this weekend in Eugene, when they take on Oregon in Jane Sanders Stadium.
Last season, the Beavers were able to steal away game two in Corvallis over a then ranked number two Duck team. With the turn around offseason Oregon had this year, the Beavers see this match on more common ground.
"We know that they've lost a lot of people, they haven't been the Oregon that they've been in the past years and I think this year is our best opportunity to take the series and even sweep Oregon," Weeks said.
Oregon's pitching rotation took of the biggest hit of all with the roster changes, forcing Virginia Tech transfer Jordan Dail to play in 36 of the Duck's 43 games so far. With Dail expected to continue playing a heavy load into this series, Weeks says the Beavers plan to get after her early in the series to throw her off of her game.
Weeks said, "Usually the pitching staff in the Pac-12 is pretty ummm; they have a lot of pitchers. We really know like two or three of them that are coming in. Going in to this weekend our goal is to knock out her early. Knock out Dail early and got on her fast. Really get her to a point where she's flustered, and pick her pitch, and just swing aggressive."
Neither team has done enough to lock up a post season spot, despite having fairly high RPI's due to the level of competition they have faced. So a win in this series means much more than just a win over their in-state rival.
"It would help us a lot I know we need a few more wins in our belt to get to the postseason. So that's also in the back of our minds and really makes us want to go in there and get these wins more, than it just being the Civil War," said Weeks.
First pitch is set for Friday afternoon, at 2:30 p.m.
- Oregon softball "duck hunting" ahead of Civil War series
- Oregon State baseball lock up Civil War series win
- Oregon State wins Civil War series in game two
- Oregon St. defeats Ducks, sweeps Civil War
- Web Extra: Mikayla Pivec after splitting Civil War series (1/24/18)
- Oregon beats Oregon State in Civil War 77-68
- Oregon wins Civil War 24-10 over Oregon State
- Web Extra: George Horton after Oregon's Civil War loss (5/8/18)
- Oregon Softball wins game one at College World Series
- Oregon softball opens series vs. Cal with 1-0 win