Corvallis, Ore. -- About a dozen of scouts were in attendance at Oregon State for the Beaver's Pro Day as coaches, families, and friends watched as the players went through drills.
A group of eight Beavers participated in Pro Day events, ranging from bench press, 40 yard dash, to the vertical jump.
Among the participants Friday afternoon was receiver Timmy Hernandez, linebacker Jonathan Willis, defensive tackle Kalani Vakameilalo, offensive lineman Kammy Delp, former quarterback Darell Garretson, and former defensive tackle Paisa Savea. About three Western Oregon players also went through drills during the event.
Despite most projections prediciting the Beavers to go undrafted, the players said they were excited to go through the process and find out where they land in the NFL.
Willis said, "It's something you do just to prepare for, but when you get to it you know just make sure when you get into it you're calm. You're not too worried about the outcome as long as you go in and do your best everything will fall; Fall in place."
Scouts in attendance represented the Tennessee Titans, Denver Broncos, Cleveland Browns, San Francisco 49ers, Green Bay Packers, Detroit Lions, and Pittsburgh Steelers.
"It's weird i'm sitting there talking to some of the scouts afterwards and you look down, he's wearing a Broncos or a different team's logo on his jacket," Hernandez said. "And that's kind of cool that that's where we're at, our stage and we're so close to where we've been dreaming about since we were five years old."
The NFL Draft begins on April 25th, and will go through the 27th.
- Scouts gather for Oregon State Pro Day
- Oregon football holds Pro Day
- Eugene Pro Rodeo begins
- Web Extra: Tyrell Crosby speaks after Duck's Pro Day (3/15/18)
- Web Extra: Ryan Nall speaks at OSU's Pro Day (3/16/18)
- Oregon State Gets the Win on Senior Day
- Oregon State practices in Beaverton
- QUIZ: What's your pro football IQ?
- Oregon beats Oregon State in Civil War 77-68
- Oregon State snaps Oregon’s 17 game winning streak (2/18/19)