Eugene, Ore. -- Oregon co-defensive coordinator Keith Heyward spoke to the media Tuesday about the intensity and the passion behind the Civil War leading up to the 122nd meeting between Oregon and Oregon State. Heyward is no stranger to this rivalry game. He’s a coach for the Oregon Ducks now. But back in the day he was a four-year letterman (1997-2000) at cornerback for Oregon State University. During his senior season, he played in the 2001 Fiesta Bowl, where the Beavers beat the Notre Dame Fighting Irish 41-9. Heyward broke down what the Ducks need to do offensively to stop Oregon State playmakers Jermar Jefferson, Isaiah Hodgins and Jake Luton.
Oregon co-defensive coordinator Keith Heyward reflects on his memories of playing in the Civil War as a Beaver. He also illustrates what it will be like coaching in the rivalry game as a Duck.
Posted: Nov 21, 2018 12:27 AM
- Web Extra: Keith Heyward on the joy the Civil War brings to his family and the Oregon community (11/20/18)
- Web Extra: Keith Heyward on defending UCLA (10/31/18)
- Web Extra: Brian Lindgren on Civil War, Jim Leavitt, Seniors (11/20/18)
- Web Extra: Jake Luton on Senior Day, Civil War, Thanksgiving Food (11/20/18)
- Web Extra: Sumner Houston on Thanksgiving, Civil War, Rebuild progress (11/20/18)
- Web Extra: Marcus Arroyo on how to outplay the Beavers offensively in the Civil War (11/20/18)
- Web Extra: Co-Defensive Coordinator Keith Heyward speaks with media before fall camp (8/6/18)
- Web Extra: George Horton after Oregon's Civil War loss (5/8/18)
- Web Extra: Kelly Graves after Civil War win (1/21/18)
- Web Extra: Mallory McGwire reflects on Civil War performance (1/24/18)
Scroll for more content...