Corvallis, Ore. -- The Oregon State women’s basketball team is fresh off a 100-46 victory over La Salle. The No. 8 ranked Beavers have a 6-1 overall record so far this season.
Oregon State guard Mikayla Pivec spoke to the media Tuesday about the improvements the team has made defensively. Against No. 1 ranked Notre Dame, the Beavers gave up 91 points.
Pivec said they need to cut that margin down significantly if they want to be competitive down the road. Pivec also opened up about how important Destiny Slocum is to the team because of her ability to read opposing defenses and pass the ball.
- Web Extra: Mikayla Pivec on OSU’s defensive improvements (12/4/18)
- Web Extra: Mikayla Pivec after splitting Civil War series (1/24/18)
- Web Extra: Tim Tibesar on OSU's defensive improvements (10/31/18)
- Web Extra: Mikayla Pivec on going back to the wing (11/7/18)
- Web Extra: Mikayla Pivec on the upcoming Civil War game (1/17/18)
- Web Extra: Mikayla Pivec on starting Pac-12 play at home (1/3/19)
- Web Extra: Jonathan Willis on improving the defense (4/11/18)
- Web Extra: Tim Tibesar on improving defensively (9/26/18)
- Web Extra: Tim Tibesar on improving Oregon State's defense (4/11/18)
- Web Extra: Destiny Slocum on the team’s offensive performance (12/4/18)