Eugene, OR. -- The Oregon and Oregon State women’s basketball teams finished this week’s Pac-12 slate with a pair of wins over Stanford and California on Sunday. The Ducks and Beavers still sit atop of the Pac-12 standings, entering the much anticipated Civil War.
No. 3 ranked Oregon (23-1, 12-0) handed No. 11 Stanford their largest home loss under head coach Tara Vanderveer, 88-48. The Ducks are the only undefeated team in the Pac-12 and also extended the NCAA-best winning streak to 16 games.
Out of the gates, the Ducks came out swinging. After Stanford scored the game’s first four points, Oregon rallied a 14-0 run before the Cardinal needed a timeout to regroup. As a Northern Californian, Sabrina Ionescu shined in her hometown. Ionescu scored 27 points and was one rebound and two assists shy of another triple-double.
Meanwhile, the Beavers (20-4, 10-2) put a disappointing Friday night Stanford loss in the rearview mirror. No. 7 Oregon State defeated the Cal Golden Bears, 82-74.
Star point-guard Destiny Slocum scored over 20 points for the fourth-straight game, throwing up 26 points on 12-for-19 shooting to go with four rebounds and four assists.
The wait is finally over come Friday. It’s Civil War week. The Ducks and Beavers go head-to-head on Friday night at 6:00 PM in Matthew Knight Arena and Monday night at 6:00 PM in Gill Coliseum.
- Women’s Hoops Roundup: Oregon and Oregon State leave the Bay with a pair of Sunday wins (2/10/19)
- Women's Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs win at home
- Women’s Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs win on the road
- Baseball Roundup: Oregon State and Oregon baseball both earn victories
- Oregon keeps Cal at bay for fifth Pac-12 conference win
- USC women's hoops player: Oregon St fans used racial slurs
- Photo Gallery: Oregon women's hoops defeats Washington 84-71
- Oregon Women's Basketball Wins Pac-12 Tournament
- Women's Hoops Roundup: Ducks hammer Utes, Beavs roll Buffaloes
- Women's Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs upset by Washington