Skip to main content
You have permission to edit this article.

Weather Alert

PeaceHealth workers leave shoes behind to mark last day at RiverBend

  • Updated
  • 0

SPRINGFIELD, Ore. – The deadline for health care workers to get vaccinated at PeaceHealth’s RiverBend Hospital has passed.

Some workers fighting the mandate left their shoes at the front entrance Tuesday night to mark their last day.

Workers were required to submit proof of vaccination or a medical or religious exemption prior to the deadline. 

Notes were left with some of the pairs of shoes, marking how long the workers had been at RiverBend. Some had worked there for decades.

According to hospital officials, as of Tuesday, 91% of staff members are either fully vaccinated, partially vaccinated or have an approved exemption. This leaves 9% of workers who, starting Wednesday, will be on unpaid administrative leave if they don’t comply.

Recommended for you