Areas Affected: Northern Oregon Cascades
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM PST
* WHAT...Mixed precipitation types are expected. Expect 3 to 8 inches of snow for Mount Hood and eastern portions of Skamania County, with considerably less snow near Santiam Pass. For Santiam Pass and in the Cascade valleys, expect ice accumulations of one tenth to one quarter inch.
* WHERE...South Washington Cascades and North Oregon Cascades.
* WHEN...Until 9 AM PST Monday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snow levels will be lower in eastern Skamania County and Hood River County than the rest of the area, resulting in mainly snow and sleet for areas near Mount Adams and Columbia River Gorge. After brief snow near Santiam Pass, snow levels are expected to rise to 5000 to 6000 feet this afternoon and evening, with precipitation possibly changing to freezing rain for Santiam Pass.
* IMPACTS...Those traveling into the Cascades today or tonight should be prepared for a variety of winter travel challenges.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Expect slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.