Areas Affected: Central Oregon Coast
...HIGH SURF WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM PST FRIDAY...
* WAVES AND SURF...West-southwest swell to 25 feet will continue to impact the coastline through Friday morning. Breaker heights up to 30 feet can be expected.
* TIMING...Peak wave heights have started to occur early this afternoon and will continue through the evening.
* IMPACTS...The surf zone will be very hazardous due to strong currents and breaking waves. Very large waves will run up much higher on the beaches than normal. These powerful waves can sweep people off jetties and other exposed rocks. They can also easily move large logs and other beach debris.
A High Surf Warning means that dangerously high surf will batter beaches in the warning area, producing deadly rip currents and minor beach erosion.
Areas Affected: Curry County Coast; South Central Oregon Coast
...HIGH SURF WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM PST FRIDAY...
...HIGH SURF ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TO 1 PM PST FRIDAY...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a High Surf
Advisory...which is in effect from 5 AM to 1 PM PST Friday.
* Waves and Surf...Giant breaking waves of 30 to 35 feet this evening, then subsiding 20 to 25 feet Friday.
* Timing...Steepest seas this afternoon, then seas subside Friday and drop below advisory thresholds Friday night.
* Impacts...Bar crossings and the surf zone will be extremely dangerous due to strong currents and breaking waves. The huge waves will run up much higher on the beaches than normal and could also wash over adjacent roads and parking lots. These powerful and erratic waves can sweep people off jetties and other exposed rocks. They can also easily move large logs and other beach debris.
* View the hazard area in detail at https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mfr/HAZARD Precautionary/preparedness actions... A High Surf Warning indicates that dangerous, battering waves will pound the shoreline. This will result in life-threatening conditions. Stay off the beaches and jetties! Mariners should use extreme caution or stay in port until the threat subsides. A High Surf Advisory means that high surf will affect beaches in the advisory area, producing rip currents and localized beach erosion. &&