Areas Affected: Curry County Coast; South Central Oregon Coast
...HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THURSDAY TO 10 AM PST
* WHAT...South winds 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 60 mph expected.
* WHERE...South Central Oregon Coast and Curry County Coast, from Cape Arago south.
* WHEN...From 10 AM Thursday to 10 AM PST Friday.
* IMPACTS...Damaging winds will blow down trees and power lines. Widespread power outages are expected. Travel will be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Winds could be especially strong along headlands and exposed areas of Highway 101.
* View the hazard area in detail at https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mfr/HAZARD
People should avoid being outside in forested areas and around trees and branches. If possible, remain in the lower levels of your home during the windstorm, and avoid windows. Use caution if you must drive.